Welcome to the Front Systems training module for portal.frontsystems.no
Here you will find most of the information you need to get started with the main features of Front Systems' back office system, " Portal ".
In this article you will find text, links to help articles, and videos. We recommend that you complete the tutorial in the order listed in this article.
If you are wondering something along the way, we recommend that you write this down and discuss it with your project manager when you have a question and answer round after completing the training.
Good luck! 😉
(Please note that some of the links on this page cannot be opened in Internet Explorer. Please use a different browser, we recommend Google Chrome).
Organize your product layout
Start by organizing your product layout. This means that you register brands, product groups and seasons. This must be done before you can start registering items in the system. We recommend that you do this before continuing your training.
Read these articles before you begin.
When you're ready to begin organizing your product layout, click here.
How did this go? Feel free to contact your project manager to review the layout if you are unsure.
Get to know the product catalog
The directory in the portal contains all your products. Here you can register items that are not to be registered via a delivery (typically the items you already have in store when you start our system).
In the catalog you can among other things look up goods, view product history, edit product information, correct inventory and print price labels.
Read more about how the product catalog works by clicking here.
Watch the video below for an example of how to create a new item in the directory.
Additional information on inventory correction
If you need to correct the inventory on an item, press the edit button inside a product.
Then enter a positive or negative number of the size you need to correct.
Press save when the number has been adjusted.
In the history tab you can see all stock movements that have been executed on an item and who has executed the stock movement / correction.
Create a delivery
Front Systems' recommended method of adding goods and updating inventory is by creating a delivery. This is done under Goods flow and Delivery in the portal. We also have 2 types of delivery. direct and planned delivery. The difference between the two types of orders is that you register the purchase in one or two steps.
Use direct delivery to ship items directly to stock. You use direct delivery order if you do not want to place the order in advance of receipt of the goods.
Use planned delivery if you want to place the order in advance of delivery / receipt. You can create a planned delivery as soon as you have received an order confirmation from the supplier.
Read more about how purchase order works by clicking here.
Watch the video below for a walkthrough on how to create a planned delivery.
Create a supplement order
If you need to create a supplement order in one or two steps (order extra sizes of an item that has already been purchased earlier) you can easily do this. Watch the video below.
Enter a sales budget
You have the opportunity to set a sales budget for the store. You can set a budget for one day at a time, or choose to set a budget for the entire month. Tap Admin in the portal menu and select budget to do so.
Watch the video below for an example of how this is done.
In the portal you can enter to change the company information that is registered. Touch Settings and store details to manage this information.
Some of the information contained within store details will appear at the top of receipts, reports, SMS senders, and system names. This information should be maintained if there are changes to the store's company information.
In the portal you can also customize your own receipt texts. The text that is added as a receipt text will appear on the lower part of the receipt.
By default, the footer on all receipts is " Thanks for the trade and welcome back! ".
Enter the greeting you want to wear:
- sales Receipts
- Gift card in paper format
- Switching Patches
- Due from Patches
- Sale with discount
To do this, tap on settings under the admin section of the menu.
Then tap on box settings and select the box to enter text on.
This must be done per. checkpoint if you have more than one box.
Users are a section under the admin menu where you create employees in the system. It is the Company Admins (owners) who register the employees and invite them to use the system. All employees must have their own user. The user created for an employee also becomes the user to choose when an employee starts a sale at checkout.
Watch the video below for an example of how to create a user.
Information on the use of reports will be sent to new customers shortly after registering sales at the checkout. If you would like information about the use of the report right now, you can visit the report section on our support page by clicking here.
You can register customers at checkout and there are several benefits to this. We recommend that you create a routine to ask customers if they are registered with them and if they want to register as a customer if they are not already registered. There are several benefits to registering customers.
1. Start SMS club and send SMS to customers (SMS marketing).
- Send SMS is located under the customer section of the portal.
2. Add customer comments (such as size dimensions).
- Adding comments to a customer profile can be done both at checkout and in the customer section of the portal.
3. Add settings for special needs the customer has, e.g. fixed discount and allow invoice as settlement form.
- This is done under the customer section of the portal.
4. See purchase history.
- Purchase history can be seen when searching the customer's phone number in the checkout.
Watch this video to see how the customer registry works in the portal.
In the portal you have the opportunity to send SMS to customers who have registered at the checkout and have accepted an oral acceptance that you wish to receive SMS / e-mail from you. Send SMS is located under the customer section of the portal.
Watch this video for an example of how to send SMS to customers.
In the sales section of the portal menu, information will be entered as soon as you start selling products with Front Systems. Here is an overview of:
1. Gift certificates and gift tags
- Here you can search for both used and unused gift cards.
2. Sales Details
- Here you can see details of sales, settlement and stock movements and if necessary cancel a transaction.
- Only the sales that have the " Cancel " button are active sales and are included in the settlement and reports / statistics.
- Red square under Diff means that there is a difference between the sales amount and the payment. Green square means everything OK.
- Yellow square below Dep means the customer has deposited on the item (s). Press “Show more” to see which items apply. If "View Logs" is checked, you will be able to see the receipt showing the deposit date.
- The green square under Status shows that the sale has been completed.
3. Bank card transactions
- Here you can see all card transactions that have been started, completed or executed on a given date. Here you will also be able to find the reconciliation note for voting for is done on a given date.
- It is possible to order tilt integration with Front Systems. The integration makes it possible to pay with Vipps on customers who are registered at the checkout. In the rocker section, you can see all the rocker transactions that have been executed on a given date.
In addition, you have the opportunity to register previous sales if you wish. Go for sale and choose previous sales if this becomes relevant. Here you can enter the turnover by date up to a year back in time. If you choose to do this, you have a basis for comparison with last year's turnover figures.
Item counting with FrontZapp
In the portal you can create and reconcile item counts. This is done during the flow of goods and counting in the portal menu. Here you will also be able to retrieve a discrepancy list from commodities created. You will use a stock counting application (FrontZapp) that can be downloaded to Apple's app store to get started with the actual count. This counting app can only be downloaded and used on devices with IOS operating system (Iphone, Ipod touch and iPad).
Click here to read more about front counting with FrontZapp.
In addition, FrontZapp can be used to look up product information, move items from one warehouse to another, and create a purchase order.
Front Systems support page
We have good help articles that describe the features of the portal. For information on features that have not been reviewed in this tutorial, we recommend that you visit our support page to search for information. This page contains information about all our product areas.
Click here to visit our support page.
Get information using our Widget
In the portal you will find a Widget in the bottom right corner. This we recommend that you use when needed.
The widget button looks like the image below.
Pressing this will open a window. In this window you can:
- Search for information from our support site.
- Get suggestions on articles based on which page you are on the portal.
- Use the chat feature to talk to one of our technical support consultants.
Contact your project manager
If you have now completed the tutorial and have briefed you on our support page, and you still have any questions you want to get answered, you can address this with your project manager in the question and answer round.